Friday, March 22, 2019

Back to Kauai

     It's been more than a year since we have done any real traveling.  Last summer we went on a bunch of small camping excursions with the grandkids, but no big trip.  Our traveling time was spent, instead, working on the Blue Heron Hideway aka the Blue Money Pit.  I miss the traveling - especially in the RV, but huge piles of snow still surround the camper, so we are off to Hawaii.
     We are headed back to Kauai, the Garden Isle.  We were there seven years ago and loved the beauty of the island.  Unfortunately we hit a very rainy and stormy stretch of weather on that trip.  The rains were so hard that we didn't see as much of the island as we wanted to due to highway washouts.  In addition, the sea swells were so high that we didn't get on any boating expeditions.  I am hoping that the weather is more cooperative this trip.
     We are staying on the south side of the island near Poipu Beach which is one of the best beaches in the world.  There is a complex of condos called the Kiahuna Plantation Resort which are right on the ocean.  Our unit is on the second floor looking out over a large lawn and then out to the ocean.  No heat, no air conditioning, just screens and plantation shutters.  We can enjoy wonderful warm sea breezes with the smell of tropical flowers.  I just can't wait!
    It is with great enthusiam that I am digging out shorts, t-shirts and bathing suits.  I'll be all ready for spring when we return.  I am also hoping that by returning in April we will avoid the depressing problem of returning home to sub-zero temps and snow.  I have had enough already this winter.
     Just a few more days and we will be headed to a place where I can go barefoot on the beach.  I am so ready.

No comments: