Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jumping back into home life

     We had a great trip and the RV is back in good shape.  Some of the best parts of the trip were visiting with Aunt Virgie and Barbara and taking a trip that has been on my "bucket list" for a long time.  The worst part, by far, was trying to drive in the heavy fog on the Parkway.  I don't think that I have ever been driving in such limited visibility.  I know that I have never been on a narrow, winding road in a large vehicle in such fog.  But, because we were flexible and could work together we got through it.
    We missed Carter's first day of school.  I wish that I had been around to talk to him.  But now we are back and can catch up.  We were in the Appalachians so much of the time that we didn't get to do much Skyping.  Now that the kids are a little older it is so fun to talk with them and I really missed the chance to chat during our time away.
     We have returned to cool weather and it is really fall in Minnesota.  I forgot that it was getting so cool at home as we enjoyed the really warm days in Williamsburg.  Rick is getting the RV ready for winter and I have to get all the food out of the cupboards and clothes out of the closets.  We will close it up tight until our adventures begin again in 2013.
    I am hoping that we will be able to take the trip to ride trains in Colorado next spring.  The drought, heat, and forest fires kept us from that area this year.  Our friend, Kim Werkmeister went to Durango this year and showed us some great pictures of his train ride into the mountains.  He said that it was unbelievably hot and that he could see smoke from several forest fires, however.  Hopefully we will have a winter of big snows in Colorado and we can enjoy fast rushing streams instead of fires.
    For now we have to close up the cabin and start thinking of the holidays.  Summer is over.  It has been too short.
 

No comments: