Thursday, March 2, 2017

Main Street Park City

     A warm and sunny day is the perfect time to head to downtown Park City.  Everyone is on the mountain enjoying the perfect weather and great snow conditions.  Downtown was quiet and I was able to park right on Main Street.  I wandered in and out of many of the attractive shops and galleries.  My usual souvenir is a pair of earrings and I found some Navajo silver which have several colorful stones including "spiderweb" turquoise.  Whoo hoo!  I love them.
   I had my waterproof boots on today so I drove on a few narrow one-way streets with tiny, colorful old houses.  The houses are built on steep hills.  In several spots long, narrow staircases went straight up the hill to provide access to the upper houses.  I stopped along the way to try for a picture of the chair lift that goes over these houses and right into downtown.  Very handy for a lunch break.  Just on the edge of downtown is a pretty City Park.  This is the site of the old Miner's Hospital which was built in 1903 to serve the huge community of miners and their families.  It is now a community center.  The park was a great spot for a sunny winter walk with lots of interesting metal sculptures scattered about.
   Rick headed up the mountain again and had a good day of skiing.  He is finally feeling pretty good and only has one more day of skiing.  He said that while the snow is melting at the base, the ski runs are covered with nicely compacted dry powder.  Just great for skiing and not ever found in Minnesota.
 It has been a good week of skiing for the club as now one has been hurt.  A good record for a club of senior citizens.
   I have been working on organizing my photos.  A major task on which I have actually made huge progress.  I keep changing my mind on where I will store my photos - I have some on a Google drive, some on ICloud, Pogoplug, and Amazon Prime.  What a mess.  My download file is just full of stuff too as I import stuff from Arik and Matt.  I downloaded a free app that searches for duplicates (per Arik's advice) and weeded through thousands of pictures.
   After each of our big adventures I have made a photo book using Shutterfly.  This forces me into documenting our trip and organizing the photos.  I discovered that I never made one for our trip to Big Bend National Park, so that is next on my list.
    We went out for dinner at a brew pub where I found Apricot Hefenweizen beer on the menu.  Matt and Arik have been widening my beer palate.  They brought a big selection to the cabin and this was one that I really liked.  What fun to find that it is a Wasatch Utah craft beer.  Yumm.  Paired perfectly with the fish tacos.  I am so full. Yawn.

No comments: