Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back to Utah Parks


     We left Las Vegas to travel through the corner of Arizona into Utah on I-15. Again we saw desert, but it was interesting and sometimes beautiful. On earlier days we saw lots of Joshua Trees (sort of an ancient cross between a tree and a cactus). There were more of these plus many other types of cactus and pines. Midway on our drive we came to the Virgin River canyon - very dramatic high rock walls with a tiny river at the bottom.
     We more or less followed the canyon into Utah and to our campsite which is right on the river. Once again a lovely site with a great pool, grass and trees. It was over 90 today so we spent the late afternoon at the pool resting from our trip to the town of Virgin.
     Unfortunately there is no cell phone coverage here either - it so frustrates me. I tried to call our niece Kristine who lives just out of town, but had no luck using the cell phone. The campground has phone jacks at each site and says that you can check out a phone which I did - after putting a $51 charge on my credit card if I neglect to return the ancient $5 phone. Since the cord did not reach I had to stand outside next to the camper to make the call. However, I did reach Kristine and we will go to see her on Friday. Yeah!

No comments: