Saturday, October 4, 2008

Laundry Day

     No pictures today - it rained all day. When I got up it seemed like the perfect "down" day. Time to catch up on chores and have a wonderful nap with a book. First we went to the hardware store to get repair items. Maintaining the RV is an ongoing project for both of us - screws fall out, stuff bounces to the back of cupboards and the refrigerator, the heat ducts separate, the trim falls off, etc. etc. Lots of bouncy roads, endless dust, dirt tracked in no matter how careful we are.
     When the downpours finally let up Rick climbed under the RV and I went to the laundry room to do 10 days of laundry. It makes me appreciate my lovely home laundry room and the ease of doing laundry. On the road there is always the need to save quarters and haul bags of dirty laundry across the campground (we are never close to the laundry). Today there were 4 washers and 4 dryers. As I was unloading my stuff someone ran in and threw stuff in all three of the working washers. I left my stuff and went back 30 minutes later. One more washer was "out of order" so I threw my stuff in the remaining two and figured that I would just go back later for the third load. 30 minutes later I found one load done and the other just a little wet. ARGHH!
     I dried the first load and put the 2nd through again. Put the third in and went back for more quarters. When the first load was dry I put the 3rd load in (only one working dryer now). I looked at load #2 which was on its second attempt of a wash. It was "done." HMM - wet and soapy and the washer was done washing. Back for more quarters and a little chat with the campground staff. They gave me free tokens and apologized. I put the wash into the only working washer and tried it for the third time. Wahlah - it worked and then needed drying. At 5:45 after starting at 1 I was done with the laundry. No nap, but we are now clean. I think I am done trying to do laundry until we get home again.

1 comment:

Arik said...

Ahhh.. the humbling of hardship helps us appreciate the sunshine in our lives. I would argue that it wasn't as much of a 'down' day as it was a 'work' day. Time to do all the chores that help facilitate the fun traveling. At least it was raining and you didn't feel like you were missing out on a glorious day (I don't think we have many warm days left here). I have come to appreciate the rainy Sunday. In our house they usually end with a great meal and a clean house.